Originally used to transport products on trains and ships, 10ft shipping containers are now used by businesses and homeowners across Canada for a variety of advantages, such as:
- Social distancing
- Cost cutting
Secure Container offers several shipping container sizes to guarantee every customer has the space you need for your project. We also specialize in bespoke modification services. From mobile campers to custom photo studios, you can change your 10ft shipping container to suit your individual needs.
10ft shipping containers measure 10 feet by 8 feet in length and width, with a height of 8 feet and 6 inches. Each unit weighs around 2,5000 pounds and is constructed of durable 16-gauge Corten steel.
When creating a custom design for your container, you may consider connecting two units, attaching levels, or any other additions you desire. Secure Container’s experienced shipping container specialists can help you achieve any design.
Custom 10ft Shipping Container Modifications
Shipping containers may not look like much to begin with, but these versatile pieces can be customized to suit a variety of styles and uses.
Modifications depend on the use of your container. Some of the unique uses for 10ft shipping containers include:
- Refrigeration: Restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and businesses in the hospitality industry use many shipping container sizes to store food products. A 10ft shipping container is the ideal size for mid-sized companies requiring additional cooling space.
- Mobile Office: With more individuals choosing to work from home, on the road, or trying to avoid the high prices of office rental space, finding a 10ft shipping container for sale can be a money saver. These spaces are completely customizable, making it easy to create a space that reflects your style, needs, and budget.
- Pop-Up Shops: Shipping containers are easily accessible and offer ample space to shop or restaurateurs seeking a location for a pop-up business.
- Self-Storage: With the population growing and dwelling sizes shrinking, space is becoming a luxury not all Canadians have. Fortunately, self-storage options provide plenty of storage room without cluttering your home or business.
- Workshops: For those who want a shed or garage, but lack the real estate, a 10ft shipping container could be the answer. These units can be outfitted to hold all your tools and equipment and can even be ventilated for painting projects.
Secure Container can add windows, roll doors, shelving, stairs, solar panels, electrical wiring, ventilation, plumbing, and many other features to meet your modification design needs.
10ft Shipping Container Reliable Delivery and Prices
Secure Container is aware of the rising 10ft shipping container price. We work closely with customers to keep these costs affordable, no matter your customizations. We also strive for fast, affordable, and consistent delivery times.
Our ready-made 10ft shipping containers for sale are available for next-day shipping within Toronto, Edmonton and Montreal. For customized units, shipping times may vary based on location, size, and time for modifications.
Units ready for delivery include:
- 10ft shipping containers
- 20ft shipping containers
- 40ft shipping containers
- 40ft high cube shipping containers
- 45ft high cube shipping containers
Cube shipping containers differ in their height and weight. A standard 40ft shipping container measures 8 feet 6 inches externally, while a high cube container measures 9 feet 6 inches externally. This gives you the added benefit of higher ceilings should you be transporting tall equipment, or installing office or living spaces, which require higher ceiling clearance.
All of these units are ready to ship as are. If you want to develop a shipping container into a unique design, we can help you determine the time frame for work and shipping.
Customers looking to price a delivery can get a free quote here.
Why Choose Secure Container?
At Secure Container, we are constantly watching the ever-evolving shipping container market. We know what is popular, what isn’t working, and which changes make or break a design.
When we begin working with a customer on a modified container, we carefully go over the design with you to ensure every aspect of your build is to your specifications. At Secure Container, we pride ourselves on delivering on time and on budget, no matter the work required.
When you select a shipping container supplier, it is important to look at the quality of containers, sourcing of containers, and customer satisfaction guarantees. At Secure Container, we stand behind our products 100%. Therefore, we offer every client a price guarantee that ensures you are always getting the most for your money, whether you are a residential or a commercial customer.
At Secure Container, we’re committed to the environment. With more than 25-years of experience in the field, we have seen many container materials come and go. Our choice of working with steel containers keeps thousands of tons of scrap and trash out of landfills and off the streets.
10ft Shipping Container FAQs
While we have covered some of the basics, you may still have questions about shipping containers. Here are some of the most common queries we receive: